Zipper is a zip fastener that relies on arranged chain teeth to merge or separate items for fashion brands, including nylon zipper, resin zipper, metal zipper. It is a connecting piece. And it uses for clothing, bags, tents, etc. We provide all kinds of custom zipper and zipper puller to our customers.
The material, color, and length of the fabric tape can be customized. And we can customize the zipper puller with your logo. In addition, zippers have wide usage in daily life. Whether it is clothing products or luggage products. Zippers are indispensable.
To view zipper’s photo gallery
Classification of zippers
- Nylon zipper
- Resin zipper
- Metal zipper
- Nylon zipper includes invisible zipper; through the zipper. Adhesive waterproof zipper; non-through zipper; double bone zipper; weave nylon zipper, etc.
- Types: 2#, 3#, 4#, 5#, 6#, 8#, 9#, 10#
- Size: (b1) mm 3.5~3.85; 3.9~4.5; 4.9~5.4; 5.5~6.2; 6.3~7.0; 7.2~8.0; 8.7~9.2; 10.0~10.6.
- Resin zipper is consists of gold (silver) tooth zipper, transparent zipper, translucent zipper, luminous zipper, laser zipper, diamond zipper.
- Types: 3#, 4#, 5#, 6#, 8#, 9#
- Size: (b1) mm 3.9~4.8; 4.9~5.4; 5.5~6.2; 6.3~7.0; 7.2~8.0; 8.7~9.2.
- Metal zipper includes aluminum zipper, copper zipper (brass, cupronickel, bronze, copper, etc.), black zipper.
- Types: 2#, 3#, 4#, 5#, 6#, 8#, 9#
- Size: (b1) mm 2.5~3.85; 3.9~4.8; 4.9~5.4; 5.5~6.2; 6.3~7.0; 7.2~8.0; 8.7~9.2.
Note: Specification b1 is the selection range of the width after the tooth chain is engaged.
0#, 2#, 3#, 4#, 5#, 7#, 8#, 9#, 10#, 20#……30#. The size of the model is proportional to the size of the zipper teeth. Among them, the most common models are 3#, 5#, 7#, and 10#. 3# teeth are 4.5 mm wide; 5# teeth are 6 mm wide; 7# teeth are 7.5 mm wide; No. 10 teeth are 8.5 mm wide.
Metal zippers are more expensive. While nylon and injection molded ones are cheaper. In general, the larger the number, the more expensive it is. But, there are special ones. Such as 2# more expensive than 3# and 5#. Or, 7# is more expensive than 8#.
By structure of zipper
The closed-end zipper has two. That is the one-way closed-end zipper and the two-way closed-end zipper. When we open the zipper, we can’t separate the two chain belts by the back code. Meanwhile, it is suitable for ordinary bags. And one-way closed-end zipper refers to a closed-end zipper with a slider.
The two-way closed-end zipper refers to a closed-end zipper with two sliders. And the two sliders can be opened and closed facing away or facing each other.
The open-end zipper means that when the zipper is opened. But we can separate the two side chain straps. The open-end zipper is divided into the one-way open-end zipper and the two-way open-end zipper. When the locking part is closed, it is equivalent to a zipper. The pulling head is pulled by the locking part and the locking part is separated. Meanwhile, we can separate the chain belt. Thus, it is suitable for clothing or items that need to be pulled apart.
By function of zipper
- Auto-lock zipper
- No lock zipper
- Semi-auto lock zipper
- Invisible zipper
The composition of the zipper
The zipper is composed of chain teeth, sliders, zipper chains, back & forth head tape, zipper puller, pin, or locking parts. The chain teeth are the key part. And it determines the side pull strength of the zipper. In particular, a zipper has two chain belts. But each chain belt has a row of chain teeth. And the two rows of chain teeth are arranged in a staggered manner. The slider clamps the chain teeth on both sides. With the help of the pull tab, the chain teeth on both sides can be engaged or disengaged.
History of zipper’s Invention
The zipper is one of the top ten inventions that facilitate people’s lives in modern times. The zipper appeared a century ago. At that time, in some places in Central Europe, people tried to replace buttons and bows with belts, hooks, and loops. So they began to experiment with the development of zippers. People first used zippers in military uniforms.
In World War I, the US Army ordered many zippers for soldiers to make clothing for the first time. However, the promotion of zippers in the private sector was relatively late. And women not accepted it until 1930 as a substitute for buttons in clothing.
Tips in daily life
What problems should be paid attention to when using zippers?
- Do not use too much force when pulling the slider;
- When using the cannula and socket, insert the cannula into the bottom of the socket cavity before pulling the slider;
- For the zipper on the bag, when there is too much stuff, the left and right teeth of the zipper should be pulled closer to make the chain end easy to pass. And then slowly close the zipper.
FAQs of zipper
1. When opening and closing the zipper, sometimes the chain end bites the string or fabric and the slider cannot be pulled. What should I do?
In this case, if you pull the slider forcibly, it will bite deeper and deeper. On the one hand, we should reverse the slider and untie the fabric on the other hand. When completely biting in, do not pull the slider vigorously, but slowly back up the slider.
2.How to deal with the blocking phenomenon of zipper in normal times?
If jamming occurs when pulling the zipper, you should move the slider back a certain distance before pulling the zipper forward. Do not pull the zipper hard, otherwise, the chain teeth will skew and fall off.
3. When using the zipper, the opening and closing is not smooth, what should I do?
If you pull the slider forcibly, the sprocket will engage in failure. At this time, use paraffin wax or lubricating spray to coat the surface and the inside of the chain teeth. Then move the slider several times and it will slide loose.
4. What should I pay attention to when washing clothes with zippers?
When washing clothes, it is advisable to close the zipper. This is the best state of the zipper during washing. This not only prolongs the life of the zipper. But it also reduces the abrasion of the inner wall of the washing machine.
5. What problems should be paid attention to when using the zipper for leather products or wool products?
Copper alloy zippers used for leather products or wool need to be rust-proofed. Then combine with leather products or wool.
6. If dark-colored zippers and light-colored clothes are put together, the problem of color transfer printing and dyeing is likely to occur, how to solve it?
When we seal and store the dark zipper and the light-colored main material in the same polythene packaging bag. Use paper to separate the zipper from the main material. So, we can avoid this.
7. What’s your MOQ?