Twill tape is a herringbone fabric tape woven in a twill pattern, which is made of nylon, cotton, wool, polyester, linen and has parallel twill weaves. But, we can also call it herringbone twill tape, or twill webbing. Twill together with plain weave and satin weave, are the main common three textile weave types. Besides, it is soft and skin-friendly, breathable, and refreshing. And it is one of the types of garment tape.
Custom twill tape
In addition, Clothinglabels.cn supply custom woven or printed twill tape with logo on the tape & ribbon. And any size or color is okay. Such as weave or print brand logo, company name, contact info, site links, social links, etc.
What is the twill tape used for?
Twill tape has a wide range of uses. And it is ideal for clothing collar hemming, box wrapping, sewing accessories, DIY decoration, etc. In addition, it is perfect for luggage, footwear, handicrafts, pet belts, sports equipment. Home textiles, handmade bows, flower packaging, waistbands will use the tape too.
The twill tape is thicker, and the three-dimensional texture of the structure is stronger than that of the plain tape. So, this type of fabric is suitable for producing mid-range bedding products. And the price/performance ratio is good.
Types of twill tape
- Cotton twill tape
- Polyester twill tape
- Linen twill tape
- Wool twill tape
- Nylon twill tape
- Elastic twill tape
- Striped twill tape
Details of twill tape
- Material: 100% cotton; natural/organic cotton; polypropylene; nylon; wool, etc;
- Size: 1.0cm; 1.5cm; 2.2cm; 2.5cm; 3.0cm; 3.5cm; 4.0cm; 4.5cm; 1 inch; 1.5inch; 2 inch; can be customized;
- Color of twill tape: white, black, green, pink, red; a variety of colored twill tapes are available;
- Features: wear-resistant, thick, eco-friendly, etc;
- Application: clothing such as hats, collar hemming, bandages, cuffs, garment trims, gift wrapping, belt, etc;
What are the features of twill tape?
- Thicker, better gloss;
- The twill fabric feels softer;
- It has better elasticity than plain weave;
- The appearance is high-grade than plain weave;
- The appearance is not stiff, and the wrinkle resistance is relatively poor.
Is there anything we need to pay attention to?
- Do not use bleach to clean;
- Hand wash, drip dry;
- Do not place it in a humid environment or long-term sunlight;
What’s the difference between twill tape, plain tape, and satin tape?
Twill tape has good gloss, relatively high-end. But wrinkle resistance is average. Then, we often use it for hats, collar hemming. Besides, it looks more three-dimensional and has a sense of hierarchy.
Plain tape is wear-resistant, light, and thin. But, its price is relatively low. And only a few plain tapes are a little expensive. Such as high-end embroidered fabrics, high-density cotton lint-proof fabrics.
Satin tape is smooth and delicate. And it is a kind of thick and shiny fabric. But its cost is high, and the price is relatively expensive.
In general, the three fabric tapes have their own advantages. Thus, you can decide according to your own needs:
- Hope the tape is cheap and durable, you can choose plain tape;
- Like the thick and wrinkle-resistant tape, you can choose twill tape;
- In pursuit of high-end and exquisite fabrics, the satin tape can be selected.